The Vendors module holds information about the companies where you buy services and products to sell to your customers. Click on the Vendors icon on the dashboard to access the list of vendors.
Vendors are your suppliers, people, or companies who you buy from. Keep in mind that you only need to enter vendors where you purchase products to sell to customers. Vendors such as utilities, hospitality, or office supplies don’t need to be entered into the iPoint database. That is because the only vendor transactions that take place in iPoint are those related to buying products for your customers.
Navigate the List
The header at the top of the vendor list has several options to help you navigate the vendor list.
Sort – use the dropdown list to display the vendors in a specific order:
- Company – will show the vendors in alphabetical order
- Date Added – puts organizes the list based on the date the vendor was added to iPoint. The oldest vendor is at the top of the list. The most recent vendor is at the bottom.
- Type – uses the vendor type as defined on the vendor details card. More on that in just a bit.
Options – click this button to view a number of settings
- Show Archived – old vendors never die. We don’t delete vendors in iPoint because we want to maintain historical details. Instead, old vendors are archived so they are hidden from view by default. Click the Show Archived button to display all vendors, whether they are archived or not.
- Sync All with QuickBooks – pushing this button will cause iPoint to push all the vendors to QuickBooks, assuming that the user has access and permissions in QuickBooks.
- Need Synced to QuickBooks – use this dropdown to show vendors based on QuickBooks sync status
- Show Only – this option will only display vendors that have not yet been synced to QB
- Don’t Show – use this to show only vendors that are synced to QuickBooks
- Show All – shows every vendor, regardless of their sync status
- Export to Excel – with the correct permissions, users can send the displayed list of vendors to Excel. Push this button to make that magic happen.
- Close & Filter – this will close the Options window, and redisplay the list using the options selected.
Use the New Vendor button to open a blank Vendor Details card where you can… add a new vendor!
Wild Card Search – use the wildcard search to look for specific text in a vendor record.
The Vendor List
The list of vendors display the following details:
- QuickBooks Sync – the green dot before a vendor name indicates that the vendor has been synced to QuickBooks. Vendors must be synced so that purchase transactions can be pushed to QB.
- Company Name – the name of the company
- Account Number – your account number with the vendor
- Phone Numbers – both the main primary and secondary phone numbers are displayed
- Email Address – the primary email address
- Archive – a check in this box hides the vendor from the standard vendor list. Don’t delete the vendor, because deleting removes reference to historical transactions. Unarchiving a vendor is as easy as clearing the checkbox.
To view the details for any vendor, click on a specific company in the list to open the Vendor Details.