The Time Clock module is used to track hourly employees’ payroll hours. This is different than Checking In and Checking Out of Work Orders or Proposals, which are used for job costing.
All employees with the Use hourly time clock checkbox marked in Settings > Users > General will have the Clock In/Out button on their dashboard. In addition to clocking in or out, this button also contains the number of hours the employee has clocked in for the current workweek.
The Time Clock Module is accessed on the dashboard.
The Time Clock screen will look different for users based on the permissions granted by system administrators in Settings > Permission Sets.
Admin users have the ability to view all employees’ time details. You can see:
- how many hours an employee worked during the week
- an employee’s last Clock In time
- the Clock In/Out button allows you to make manual time entries for specific employees.
By selecting the Show All button at the top of the screen, iPoint will add the inactive employees to your list, and allow you to manage them as well.
An employee without admin privileges can click View My Time and it will allow the employee to see a detailed record of their own time entries.
Employee Time Record
For more information on an employee’s time records, simply click the employee you would like more information on and it will open a window with detailed information for that employee. With the proper Permissions, you can edit an employee’s time entries by selecting the time entry and changing the values.
- The >> arrows next to the name at the top will allow you to scroll through each employee.
- The pencil icon opens a Time Record Log where you can get details about who created the time entry and when it was created.
- The red “X” can be used to delete a Time record.
- To create a new entry click the New Record and enter time entries manually.
Employees can also label their time type by using the Type drop-down menu. These types can be customized in Settings > Pop-Up Lists > Time Clock Type.
This screen will also allow you to see the location of each Clock in and Clock Out. The GPS In field next to the hours worked shows the GPS coordinates when the employee clocked in. And the GPS Out field contains the GPS location when they clocked out. You can also use the map buttons to show you a map along with the address (if available) of the location.
In some cases, there may not be a GPS location. This can be due to a couple of reasons.
- The iOS device did not have a cellular connection, which is used to track the location.
- GPS tracking is turned off on the device.
- The time was entered manually, in which case iPoint does not capture GPS coordinates.
Note: Users will see the past 90 days’ worth of time entries when they view their individual time clock records. Administrators will see the entire time entry history.: New in 9.0708