The Physical Stock Count tab is where you will conduct a physical inventory. Physical counts are typically done at the end of the fiscal year. But you might also conduct spot counts periodically through the year.
The New Physical Count button starts the process.
The Location is a list of inventory counts for various locations. By default, you will see active counts that have not yet been completed.
The Toggle Completed button will show a list of physical inventory counts that have been closed. Click the button again to show active physical inventory counts.
The list of counts provides basic information about the inventory count
- Location – shows which warehouse the count represents
- Memo – any notes added to the physical count is displayed here
- Date – the date someone started the physical count
- User – shows the name of the user who started the physical count
- Button – there are three buttons that you might see
- – means that a user paused a physical count. Clicking this button will re-open the physical count so you can continue working on it.
- – means that a user has the physical count open and is actively working on it
- – this button displays when the count has been finalized and committed. Click the button to see the results of the completed physical count.
Clicking on any inventory line opens the Physical Inventory window