From the iPoint Dashboard, clicking on the Inventory module gives you four options:
- Inventory Dashboard – takes you to the inventory dashboard where you can choose what part of the inventory process you want to work on.
- Purchase Request Manager – this shortcut directly opens the PRM so you can take care of allocating and ordering requested parts.
- New Transfer/Request Form – another shortcut, but this one takes you to the transfer/request form.
- Close – closes the inventory pop-over window
The Inventory Dashboard provides links and basic information for all your inventory needs.
- Metrics – this section gives you a quick look at how many items and the overall value of your inventory in each location.
- Purchase Request Manager – this is where your team will allocate existing inventory to fill job requests as well as create purchase orders to buy items needed.
- Inventory Re-Order – here you will see the items that have fallen below minimum inventory thresholds either by location or overall system levels.
- Transfer Request – if you have inventory in one location and need it in another location (like moving from Van 101 to warehouse) you’ll use this dashboard.
- Reports – does a couple of things. Obviously, you can get a variety of reports. But this is also where you will conduct your physical inventory counts.
The Metrics dashboard provides a quick overview of the status of your inventory. The list is broken into locations and sub-locations, with the totals displayed for a location including the sum of all of the sub-locations. In our example, Portland is the parent location. The Receiving Doc, Van 701, Van 702, Vand 703, and Warehouse are the sub-locations.
Note: This window is visible only to users who have the Inventory Reports permission set in Settings > Permission Sets > Inventory > Reports
Let’s explore the details provided:
- Inventory Options – clicking this button will run inventory reports for the location.
- Stock Asset Value – is a report that describes the items, quantity on hand, and both cost and retail value for everything .
- Stock Levels This Location – this is the same report you’ll find in the Inventory Reports section, but filtered for .
- Location – the name of the inventory location. If the location name is indented, it is a child of the parent location.
- Unique Items – displays the number of unique SKUs or Part Numbers stored and used in that location. If you click on the number, a pop-up window gives you the opportunity to View Current Stock Levels or print a Stock Levels By Location Report. Note: These reports are not available for the parent location.
- Re-Order Alerts – a number in this column lets you know that there are items that have fallen below the minimum quantity set on the item details.
- You’ll see a red indicator bubble at the top of the column highlighting the number of items that need to be ordered. Clicking on this red bubble will filter the list to show only the locations with re-order alerts.
- Cost Value – is the total cost in dollars of inventory in the location.
- Retail Value – is the total sales price to customers for the items in this location.