We do not currently have a returned check function in iPoint. But here is how you process a bounced check:
- Use the returned check feature in Quick Books: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1501353-handle-non-sufficient-funds-nsf-or-bounced-check-from-customers
- In iPoint, create a new invoice and put two items on the invoice (1) a value of the original invoice (2) a bounced check charge.
- This will track your customer’s balance due in iPoint. DO NOT SYNC to QuickBooks. This is for iPoint reference only (check the Do Not Sync with QuickBooks box in the QuickBooks button on the invoice).
- Then, when your customer does pay the invoice, apply the payment directly in QuickBooks.
- And manually enter the payment in iPoint against the invoice created in step 2 above. DO NOT SYNC the payment to QuickBooks.
Now, iPoint is clear, and QB is clear.
Last modified: 3 Oct 2023
Thanks for your feedback.