In the Recurring Billing section, you can see a list of recurring transactions created for your customer. A recurring invoice is an invoice that is automatically generated by iPoint based on a frequency pattern and duration you set up.
Recurring Billing is useful for generating a monthly invoice for security monitoring, for example. Or you might use the billing for a quarterly service contract.
Recurring Billing is an optional feature and may not be displayed in your system. To activate this feature, a System Administrator will need to go to Settings > Module Settings > Beta and select the Recurring Invoice Enabled option.
Recurring Billing List
When you select Recurring Billing from the CRM menu on the left, you’ll see each recurring pattern assigned to the customer. Each pattern shows:
- Name – a custom name you provide for the recurrence. If a billing cycle has been deactivated, the name will be replaced with the words “PATTERN DISABLED”.
- Frequency – a description of how frequently new invoices are generated. This might be daily, weekly, monthly, etc.
- Next Run – tells you when the next invoice will be automatically created.
- End Date – shows the date the last invoice is to be generated. Never Ends indicates that no conclusion date has been set for the pattern.
View/Edit Recurring Billing
- To view or edit a billing pattern, click on an individual pattern name
- A pop-over window is displayed showing all available options. For more details on available settings and options, view the Recurring Invoices section of the Accounting Module.
Create a New Billing Recurrence
- Click the New Recurring Invoice button
- A new Recurring Invoices window will open.