The Sales Order Change Orders report is a synopsis of the change orders in your system. Note: And yes, clicking on any change order line will open the change order in the associated sales order.
Here are the details you’ll find in this report:
- Sales Order – the customer name and sales order name
- CO# – the change order number
- Description – the name or description of the change order
- Created – the date when the change order was created
- Committed – the date where the change order was committed
- Status – the status of the change order
- Cost – the total cost of all parts and labor on the change order. This is based on the costs from item cards or as edited on the change order.
- Amount – the sale price to the customer for the change order.
At the bottom of each sales order section, you’ll find the Total of all the associated change orders for that sales order as well as an adjusted total of the entire sales order including the changes. – New in 9.1123
Based on settings in the Options button, you may see headers breaking the report into various groups like Customer or Date Committed. See the sorting section of the options below.
Clicking the Options button allows you to customize the report using a series of filters. Note: Some of these options are also available before you run the report when you select it in the reports module.
- From Date – display change orders on or after this date
- To Date – show change orders on or before this date
- Date To Use – specify which date to use in the From/To date fields above
- Created – the date the change order was created
- Committed – the date the change order was committed (aka approved by the customer)
- Site – when using Multi-Site Inventory you can show sales orders attributed to a specific Site.
- Change Order Committed/Approved – do you want to show change orders that have been approved?
- Yes – shows approved change orders
- No – shows non-approved change orders
- Sales Order Status – filter the report for sales orders matching a specific Sales Order Status [ Read More ]
- Sales Order Include Archived – based on the archived flag set on the sales order
- Show Only – displays only archived sales orders
- Don’t Show – displays active (non-archived) sales orders
- Show All – shows every sales order regardless of archive status
- Change Order Status – display change orders that have a particular status. This status is customized in Settings > Pop Up Lists > Change Order Status.
- Sales Order Class – choose to display sales orders that match a particular class as defined in Settings > QuickBooks > Lists > Class
- Change Order Billable – show change orders based on the billable option, which is set when a change order is approved [ Read More ]
- Yes – shows billable change orders
- No – shows non-billable change orders
- Committed/Approved By – use the dropdown list to find change orders committed by a particular individual. The name is captured when a user clicks the Approve & Commit button on a change order.
- Sales Person – find change orders attributed to the salesperson on a sales order
- Technical Designer – find change orders attributed to a sales order’s technical designer
- Project Manager – display change orders where a particular user is listed as the project manager of the sales order
- Created By – show change orders where a particular user created the change order. This name is captured when a user clicks the New Change Order button.
- Internal Change Orders – if a change order has a $0 total, it can be marked as “Internal” on the change order options.
- Show Only – displays only change orders that have the Internal box checked
- Don’t Show – shows change orders that are not marked internal
- Show All – reveals all change orders regardless of internal designation
These options will sort the sales orders and summarize them by a particular filter. You can use multiple summary options to sort the list even further.
Customer – groups change orders for the same customer/job together as well as providing a total for the customer
Date Created – sorts the change orders by date created
Date Committed – groups change orders by date committed
Sales Order Status – uses the sales order status to group change orders
Change Order Status – sorts by the change order status
Sales Person – puts change orders attributed to a particular sales order salesperson together
Technical Designer – uses the name of the technical designer to group change orders
Project Manager – groups a specific project manager’s change orders together
Note: You can choose up to three sort/summarize options. The change orders will be sorted in the order you select the checkboxes. So if you clicked Customer first and then Sales Order Status, the change orders would be first sorted by the customer name. Then any change orders for that customer will be sorted by the status of the sales order. However, if you clicked the Sales Order Status before the Customer checkbox, the list would be sorted by Date, with customer groups second.
- Print – will print the found set of sales orders to your printer
- Save – will save a PDF of the report to the location you choose on your computer or network
- Email – attaches the report as a PDF to an email using your default email program
- View PDF – opens the PDF of the report so you can view it
- Update Report – refreshes the report using the options and summary settings described above
- Close – closes the Options pop-over window.