The Sales Order Commission Report displays commissions calculated under the old, legacy version of commissions. These commissions were decommissioned in version 9.0416, but we leave these instructions here as some companies continue to utilize them.
Note: By default, the Sales Order Commission Report is not available unless you are using the old legacy commissions. To see these legacy reports, check the box in Settings > Module Settings > Commissions > Show Legacy Commission Reports
The Sales Order Commission Report shows how much money is due to your sales staff based on invoices generated from a Sales Order. Invoices generated from other modules are not included in this report, and can be found on the Invoice Commissions report.
This report details:
- Design Name – the sales order number, customer name, and sales order name
- % SO Paid – what percentage of the sales order has been paid
- Sold Labor – how much labor was included on the original sales order, including approved change orders
- Actual Labor – how much labor has been completed on associated work orders
- Parts Amount – the total sales price of parts on the sales order
- Labor Amount the total labor price of sold labor
- Parts Commission – how much commission is due to the salesperson for parts based on their commission rate
- Labor Commission – the amount of labor commission due based on the salesperson’s commission rate
- Total Commission – the sum of parts and labor commission
- Penalty – penalties added. This is a clickable field where a dollar amount can be entered. Values entered here will reduce the commission due.
- Due Commission – the Total Commission multiplied by the % SO Paid less any Penalty entered
- Paid Commission – enter the amount you have paid to the salesperson. Clicking in the field will open a window where you can enter the payments you’ve made. Doing so will reduce the Commission Due by the transactions you enter.
- Note: Commission is a “payable” to your staff. All payables are handled directly in QuickBooks. Entering data here does not push to QuickBooks and is for information only.
The Options button lets you filter and sort the Sales Order Commission Report.
- Payment Date Start – show only sales orders where the payment was received on or after this date
- Payment Date End – show the sales orders where the payment was received on or before this date
- Sales Order Created From – display sales orders based on the date they were created, on or after this date
- Sales Order Created To – display sales orders based on the date they were created, on or before this date
- Sales Order Status – show sales orders based on status. Remember that statuses are customized by your system administrator in Settings > Pop Up Lists > Sales Order Status.
- Sales Order Class – show only sales orders that have a particular class. Classes are set in Settings > QuickBooks > Lists > Class
- Sales Order Type – display sales orders that match a specific Type
- Sales Order Person – show only sales orders attributed to particular salesperson
- Sales Order Technical Director – include sales orders where a particular user is listed as the Technical Designer
- Sales Order Project Manager – show sales orders where a specific user is listed as the Project Manager
- Show Paid In Full – choose an option from the dropdown:
- Yes – displays sales orders that have a zero balance due
- No – show sales orders that still have a balance due
- Print – print the report using your computer’s print dialogue to choose a printer
- Save – save a PDF of the report using your computer’s file save dialogue
- View PDF – open the PDF for viewing on the computer screen
- Update Report – this button will update the report to reflect your choice of filters entered above
- Close – closes the SO Commission Options window.
Note: These options are also available when first clicking the report in the Reports module. So you can set the filters prior to generating the report for the first time.