Payment Schedules are the way you communicate to your customer what percentage of a job needs to be paid at various stages in the life of a sales order.
When creating a proposal or sales order, a user can choose from a dropdown list of default payment schedules. iPoint will then apply the chosen payment schedule to the proposal and calculate how much money is due at each phase of the job.
On the left side of the Payment Schedules screen is a list of schedules that have already been created.
- Click the Select button to display the schedule details on the right side of the screen.
- Click the Trash Can to delete a specific schedule.
Or, you can create a new payment schedule by clicking the blue New Schedule button.
On the right side of the screen, you’ll see the Selected Payment Schedule. This displays the details of the payment schedule selected above. Or, in the case of a new schedule, the fields will all be empty.
- The Schedule Name field displays the name of the schedule selected. (Simply amazing!) Should you choose to change the name, click in the field to edit. You might use something like “50/40/10” for a contract with 50% due first, then 40% due, followed by 10% due on completion. Or, you might call it a “Commercial Schedule” versus a “Residential Schedule.” Just be sure to use a name that your team will understand.
- The Payment Window shows the percentage schedules due at each billing step.
- To add a line, click the first empty Description field and add the name of that payment.
- Then click in the Percent field to enter a specific percentage.
- Any line can be edited by clicking in the respective field.
- Click the Trash Can to delete a specific line.