The Sales Order Funds Available / Needed report is used to verify that RFP payments are covering the work completed and delivered on a sales order. Note: Clicking on any sales order line will open the sales order in a new window.
Here are the details you’ll find in this report:
- Ref # – is the sales order number followed by the SO name. If you sort the report by Customer the Ref# is the Customer:Job Name.
- Sold Total – displays the total price to the customer for parts and labor not including tax
- Parts & Labor Not Invoiced – provides the dollar value of goods and services that have not yet been billed
- Delivered Invoiced Balance – shows the unpaid balance of delivery invoices. This means that either RFPs have not been paid, or the available credit from paid RFPs has not been applied to the delivery invoices.
- RFP Balance Due – is the total of RFP invoices that have not yet been paid by the customer
- RFP Credit Balance – displays the total RFP money that the customer has paid which has not yet been applied to a delivery invoice
- Avail/Needed Balance – positive numbers indicate that the RFP credits are greater than the delivery invoice charges. Negative numbers mean that there are not enough RFP credits to cover the total of delivered parts and labor.
- Grand Totals – at the bottom of the report you will see the sum of all sales orders based on the soft and filter criteria you set using the report options.
Clicking the Options button allows you to customize the report using a series of filters. Note: Some of these options are also available before you run the report when you select it in the reports module.
Note: Before you run this report, it is important to understand how the Date filter can affect the result of the report. If you have a sales order that was created in 2020 but is still open in 2021, setting a date range of January 1, 2021, will exclude the sales orders from the previous year. As a result, your totals will not match the deposit amounts registered in QuickBooks. That is because any 2021 transactions for sales orders that started in 2020 will not be included in this report (since we filtered them out by excluding 2020 sales orders), subsequently underreporting what the customer deposit amount is compared to QB.
- Sales Order From Date – display sales orders created on or after this date
- Sales Order To Date – show sales orders created on or before this date
- Site – when using Multi-Site Inventory you can show sales orders attributed to a specific Site.
- Sales Order Status – filter the report for sales orders matching a specific Sales Order Status [ Read More ]
- Sales Order Filter – filter the report for SOs matching a specific class [ Read More ]
- Sales Order Type – use the Type field on the SO to find specific Sales Orders
- Sales Order Sales Person – show sales orders where a specific user is listed as the Sales Person
- Sales Order Technical Designer – display sales orders assigned to a particular Technical Designer
- Sales Order Project Manager – show only SOs that match a particular Project Manager
- Include Archived Sales Orders
- Show Only – show only sales orders that are marked as archived
- Don’t Show – show only sales orders that are NOT marked archived
- Show All – display all sales orders regardless of their archived status
- Next Install Date After – show sales orders after the date entered on the Next Install Date field
- Next Install Date Before – show sales orders before the date entered on the Next Install Date field
These options will sort the sales orders and summarize them by a particular filter. You can use multiple summary options to sort the list even further.
Customer groups sales orders for the same customer/job together as well as providing a total for the customer
Next Install Date groups the list by the next install date
- Print – will print the found set of sales orders to your printer
- Save – will save a PDF of the report to the location you choose on your computer or network
- Email – attaches the report as a PDF to an email using your default email program
- View PDF – opens the PDF of the report so you can view it
- Update Report – refreshes the report using the options and summary settings described above
- Close – closes the Options pop-over window.