Each user in iPoint has custom settings that affect how they interact with the software. The User Settings is where you can create new users or modify details about existing users.
This screen contains two tabs, the first is a list of all Users in your system. The second tab is a list of available, unused User Keys.
The list of users shows every user and can be sorted by First Name, Last Name, or User name, depending on which option you choose in the Sort Users By dropdown.
You can also find users by typing a Wildcard Search. This can be useful for finding all of the users with a particular name, for example.
User details include:
- Sort By what is the field this list is sorted by, defined by the Sort Users By dropdown described above.
- Full Name the First Name, Middle Initial, and Last name of the user.
- License Key displays the license number assigned to the particular user. Note: Users must have a license key if they are going to access iPoint from a computer, iOS device, or WebDirect.
- Last Login shows the date and time the user last logged in to iPoint.
- Last Login was shows what the method of login was.
- Online means the user connected with a live connection to the database.
- Offline means that the user was using an offline file, like the iPointTech app.
- Active If this box is checked, the user is an active user and will appear in various lists and dropdown options. A cleared checkbox indicates this person no longer has access to the iPoint software, but their information is retained for historical details.
- Use the blue Toggle De-Activated Users button to hide/show inactive users.
To create a new user, click the blue New User Account button. This opens a User Details Wizard that will walk you through the steps of creating a user.
Similarly, you can modify an existing user by clicking on their name to open the User Details Wizard.
In either case, you will have a series of windows where you can adjust user-specific details.
Across the top of each window is a series of tabs that cover the following details. [ Click on the topic to learn expanded details for each tab. ]
- Login defines the user’s name, email, license, login credentials, and permissions.
- Contact Info tells iPoint how to contact the user.
- General defines job roles, QuickBooks mapping, and default preferences for proposals, map applications, and inventory access.
- Calendar is where you set appearance on the iPoint calendar as well as integration to Google calendar.
- Email defines email settings for the user.
- Bio is where you enter a photo, biography, and staff member signature.
- Goals is used to set quotas and sales goals.
- Commission is where you set the default commission rate for the user.
User Keys (tab)
This tab displays any unused license keys that are available to be assigned to new users. Details include:
- User Key – the actual license number
- Last Activated – when a particular user key was last assigned.
- Last De-Activated – the date the user key was removed from a user, making it available to assign to a different user.
A word about User Keys
Users must have a user key assigned if they are going to access iPoint. Once a user key is assigned, the user can log in on any device and from multiple devices simultaneously. User keys can be reassigned to other users at any time. This is typically done when an employee leaves your company and is replaced by another employee. Likewise, a user key can be removed from a terminated employee and saved for later use.
Unassigned user keys are not included in the user count you pay for in your monthly maintenance fee to iPoint provided they have not been used in the past 30 days.
In the event you need a user key for a new employee but there are none available… we have a button for that!
Click Purchase Additional User Key and you’ll instantly have a new user key.
You will be billed for the initial purchase price at your next monthly invoice.