Hey – what’s that coming down the road?
Have you ever wondered what our developers are up to next? Have a pending feature request you’re wondering about? Check back here to see what those developers are working on and what you may see coming down the road to your iPoint!
- Tech App Enhancements
- Have the Tech App work when there isn’t any internet and there isn’t a cell signal for miles.
- We are adding features to the Tech App like adding and delivering parts
- Inventory Overhaul
- We are completely re-vamping the interface for requesting/staging/delivering parts. The new interface will be consistent throughout iPoint so whether you are delivering an item from a Sales Order, Project, Work Order, or Invoice, you will see the same screen with the same buttons and same options.
- Yes that means you’ll be able to print labels from Projects, WOs, and Invoices
- We are also adding the ability to track a single item from purchase through delivery with serialized stock IDs
- Recurring Revenue (RMR)
- This has been a few stages in the making with creating recurring invoices and the ability to bulk send invoices
- Next is for Recurring invoices to be automatically sent and also auto charge the customer’s credit card on file
- After that, we’ll look at creating a service contract module where you can sell plans with different hours and levels of service. These would be auto charged monthly and work done would be tracked against the sold hours.
Next on our plate
- Proposal Adjustments
- Flat Dollar Modifiers
- Unlimited Customizable Modifiers
- Able to turn on and off modifier per item or CO
- Set cost and taxability per modifier
- Have modifier be based on item cost instead of price
- Design & Engineering
- We are building our own using the draw.io framework. So if you curious what it will be like, check out that.
- Revision Comparison Report
- Enhanced Reporting Options for Optional Items
Down the Road
- WO/Scheduling Adjustments
- Text Reminders
- Improve Scheduling Workflow
- Outlook Calendar Integration
- Ticketing System
- We get lots of questions about are we going to integrate with Zendesk or another 3rd party, and I (Rob) WISH I had an answer to this, but unfortunately I don’t. It’s possible we integrate with a third party, it’s possible we build our own ticketing system. At iPoint we are on our 5th ticketing system in 6 years and every one of them leaves something to be desired. BUT our needs are different than an AV integrator. There are too many balls in the air on this one and I’m a beginner juggler at best. What I can say is, do what’s best for you and your company now. AND if you love the ticketing system you are using, let us know as we definitely take that into consideration of what we’ll do when we begin developing this.
Last modified: 17 Sep 2021
Thanks for your feedback.