Frequently Asked Questions around various Settings
- 1. Gmail users are not able to send email
Most of the errors around sending iPoint through a Gmail account are issues with your Google account. Recently, Gmail has announced to no longer support “less secure apps”, but you can still use Google integration by setting up an App password for Web Services and using Gmail API instead of SMTP for individual user settings. Individual users should use Gmail API and not SMTP
- In iPoint go to Settings > Users > email > Gmail API
- Log in to authorize your account
For Web Services, use these steps for an App password.
If you are using Web Service emails such as marketing, work order notification, and e-signature, you’ll need to use the App Password option in Google.
- Sign in to Google Account
- Go to My Account > Security > Signing into Google section > Turn on 2 Step verification
- Under Security, you will now see a New Option called App Passwords, click on that to create one
- Click Generate
- Copy that password
- Paste it into iPoint for the email password in Settings > WebServices > Setup Tab > Outgoing Mail Password
iPoint Version: 9.09
Last modified: 19 Apr 2022
Thanks for your feedback.