There are a couple of options on how to use iPoint to handle defective items.
- If the vendor is replacing the inventory.
- Create an RMA Warehouse in Settings > Module Settings > Items > Inventory Locations
- Transfer defective or damaged product into the RMA Warehouse. This is a holding area so we know we own the product but don’t want to sell it.
- When the replacement parts come, transfer the part inventory out of the RMA Warehouse into the default warehouse so it is available to sell.
- Send the defective/damaged equipment back to the vendor.
- There is no QuickBooks transaction needed because the vendor is swapping out like item for like item.
- If the vendor is NOT replacing the inventory.
- On the Inventory Item Details > Stock tab make an adjustment to take the item out of inventory.
- During month-end, when you do an inventory item sync, QuickBooks inventory will be reduced to match iPoint.
iPoint Version: 10.082
Last modified: 25 Oct 2023
Thanks for your feedback.