Sales Orders have three separate statuses, used to help navigate a job through various portions of a company’s workflow. The Billing Status is particularly designed for the accounting portion of the workflow. The billing status can be automated to control the Product Manager and the Overall Status of the sales order.
- To add a billing status, place your cursor in the first empty Item Name field and type the status name. If there are not previously entered statuses, the first field will be blank. Otherwise, go to the bottom of the list to enter the next status.
- The Sort Order field is used to organize the billing statuses into a prescribed order. Enter a number to position the status properly.
- Checking the First checkbox on a single status will determine what the primary billing status is on new sales orders.
- Place a tick in the Last checkbox to indicate the final billing status has been completed. When closing and archiving a sales order, iPoint will check to be certain the final billing status is selected.
- The Product Manager Status and Sales Order Status fields are used to automate sales orders through the work order. Selecting the Billing Status on a sales order billing tab will cause the statuses on the Product or Info tabs to be changed to the corresponding statuses set here. If you don’t want to automatically select another status, simply leave these fields blank.
- Clicking on the blue X button will delete the specific SO Billing Status line.
- Billing Statuses are used to filter and/or sort the list of sales orders in the Sales Order module.
- iPoint can send a notification to specific users based on a specific status: setup in Settings > Notification Builder
iPoint Version: 10.0316
Last modified: 19 Mar 2021
Thanks for your feedback.