Scenario: A builder has hired you to install the low voltage for a new home they are building. They have been working with the new homeowner to specify equipment and build options. The infrastructure on the proposal you’ve provided will be paid for by the builder, but the equipment is going to be billed to the homeowner. So now you need to create two sales orders since one is builder paid and one is homeowner paid. How does that work?
- Create a proposal for the entire job and present it to the builder and customer.
- Once the proposal is accepted, create a revision and store it in Documents. Store one in the builder’s documents and another copy in the homeowner’s documents (in CRM).
- Now, open the revision of the proposal and click the Select link next to each line that is a BUILDER part and add them to a new builder proposal
- Open the original proposal, select all BUILDER parts and delete them
- Change the Customer Name ( Bill To ) on the original proposal to the name of the Homeowner
- You now have two proposals (the Builder proposal and the Homeowner proposal)
- Convert both proposals to a sales order
- Link the Sales Orders together
- Process RFP & Delivery invoices as normal – each sales order’s invoices will be billed to the appropriate customer (builder or homeowner)
- Use a single project to manage all parts and tasks.
Last modified: 25 Oct 2023
Thanks for your feedback.