iPoint tracks a LOT of information. But despite our best efforts, there may be something you want to document about your customers that we haven’t thought of. Want to know if the customer has pets? When does their extended warranty expire? A system administrator can create a Custom List to track pretty much anything you want! [ Read More ]
Entering information on a Custom Data List
- Choose the Custom Data List by clicking on it
- If the list has been previously completed, you’ll see the completed fields on the right. Otherwise, they’ll be empty.
- Click in the field to enter and start typing the information.
- Some fields can be customized to offer predefined options in a dropdown menu.
- Other fields may be defined to hold a date. Select the calendar icon on the right side of the field to open a calendar where you can select a date.
- If a custom data list field is not needed, click on the black X to delete the field altogether. Note: This does not delete the field from the list globally. It only deletes that field for this particular customer.
At the top of the Custom Data Lists are two buttons that provide additional options.
- Load Custom Data List – is where you perform adjust lists to match the master lists as defined in settings.
- Add New Items from master – this button will add any missing fields from the data list. If someone deletes a field by clicking the black X, this button readds the empty, missing fields.
- Delete All And Reload Master – use this button to erase all data fields from the list and replace them with empty fields. This is a quick way to start with a clean slate.
- Load All Custom Data Lists – this functions similarly to the Add New Items from Master detailed above except that it affects every Custom Data List defined in Settings.
- Cancel & Close – close the New Custom Data Item popover window without changing anything.
Sometimes you’ll find that you need an extra tidbit of information that the system administrator hasn’t defined for the system. No worries! You can add a new data list item by clicking the New Custom Data List Item button!
- Choose the Custom Data List in the left column
- Click the New custom Data List Item button to reveal a popover
- Type in the name of the new data field
- Click Add Item to List
- Now you can enter the information you needed to track
Note: This option only affects the custom data list for the individual customer. Creating new items won’t affect the master list set up by your system administrator. And it won’t affect other contacts in CRM.