The Commission Payments Report provides a summary of the commission due to your employees. The details of this report are based on:
- Commissions defined in Settings > Module Settings > Commissions
- Commission scheduled applied to users in Settings > Users > Commission
- Based on sales documents
When you click on the Commission Payments report link on the report list, you are presented with several filter options that can be set prior to opening the report. These options are defined in the Options section below.
The available information includes:
- Commission Details icon
- Document # – the sales order or invoice number where the commission was applied
- Customer and Project Name – the name of the customer and the associated sales order or project
- Date Paid – if a commission payment has been made, the date of the payment will be displayed
- Check Number – the number of the check entered when a commission payment is made
- Check Comment – a description of the payment. This might be generated by the system or entered by the check processor.
- Amount – how much commission was paid
Click on either the Commission Details icon or the customer/document details to open the Commission Details window.
Use the Options button to refine the details included on the report as well as how to generate the report.
- Payment From Date – choose a date to show payments made on or after that date
- Payment To Date – enter a date to display payments made on or after the date entered
- Paid To – select the name of a user to show only their commission payments
- Include only Payments from – decide what type of commissions are displayed
- Invoice – commissions from projects or standalone sales (e.g Point of Sale) are calculated on an invoice
- Sales Order – a commission from the sales process (proposals and sales orders) are displayed on sales orders
- Leaving this field blank will show both invoice and sales order commissions
- Sort/Summarize By – place a checkmark in the box to force the report to group commission payments by:
- Payee – the user who is defined as receiving the commission – Payee is selected by default when you first run the report.
- Month/Date – the date that the payments were made
- Check Number – the check number as entered on the Commission Details window
- Paid on Doc Type – separate invoice and sales order payments on the report
- Note: You can select up to three options. The records on the report will be sorted in the order you select the checkboxes.
Standard print and view options are also available
- Print – print the report using your computer’s print dialogue
- Save – save a PDF of your report to your computer’s hard drive
- Email – attach a PDF of the report to your default email program
- View PDF – open the report for viewing on-screen
After defining report options, choose the Update Report button to close the options and see the report with your new filter and sort criteria.