Employee Records reports provide access to information primarily used by Human Resources (HR) managers. At this time, you have one employee report.
- Time Clock – this report shows the number of hours entered using the Time Clock module or the Clock In/Out button on the bottom right corner of the iPoint dashboard.
Employees on the report are displayed alphabetically by last name.
At the top of the report are three fields to customize the data displayed on this report.
- Employee: Choose a specific user’s name for an employee-specific report from the dropdown list. Or, leave the field empty to generate the report for all employees.
- Start Date: enter the first date displayed on the Time Clock Report. This number can be entered manually or using the calendar pop-over window to select a particular date.
- End Date: enter the last date to be displayed.
The Options button provides additional control on the report.
- Summarize by Date: placing a check in this box groups time entries by day and totals the hours for each day. A summary total by each employee is also displayed.
- Save button: click this button to save a PDF copy of the report to a location on your computer.
- Print button: click to print the report to a printer.
- Close and Update button: this button closes the Summarize and Filter Settings pop-over and refreshes the displayed information on the screen.
Hint: Enter your search parameters when you first click on this report to speed up the results display. Leaving the date fields blank, for example, will cause the initial report to show all time entries, which will likely cause a time delay in generating the initial report.
Exporting the production report into a spreadsheet program is simple, using the instructions available here: Dashboard > Exporting.
Here is a description of each exportable field.
- c_DateIn – the date of the time entry
- c_userName – the name of the person who clocked in
- timeIn – the date and time of the clock in
- timeOut – the date and time of the clock out
- total – the total amount of time between clocking in and clocking out
- type – the type of clock entry as defined in the time clock module
- userID – the iPoint ID of the user who clocked in. This field probably won’t be useful to you on an export
- Globals::REPORTDATEFIELDS – the start date of the report
- Globals::REPORTTEXTFIELDS – this is a field used by iPoint and won’t make sense to you on an export
- Globals::URL – this is a field used by iPoint and won’t make sense to you on an export
Note: any field that starts with an s_ is a summary field and is not useful when exporting to Excel.