While many of the modules in iPoint look the same on computer or iOS device, the Work Orders have a custom layout on mobile devices. We have done our best to optimize the iOS capabilities in order to streamline the use of iPoint by technicians in the field.
On the iPoint home screen, tap the work order module to see a list of work orders.
Across the top of the screen, you will find several navigation icons.
- Back arrow – this will take you to the previous screen you were most recently viewing.
- The Home icon takes you to the iPoint dashboard
- The magnifying glass image opens a wildcard search. Type any search phrase here to narrow down the list of work orders being displayed.
- The 4 lines icon is a Sort option. From here you can define 3 sort fields to help organize the list of work orders in a meaningful way. Choose, Technician, for example, to organize all the work orders by the tech assigned to the job. Use all three sort fields to fine-tune how they are shown.
- Filter options are available under the funnel icon. From here you can:
- Show Archived Work Orders
- Filter by Start Date and/or End Date
- Choose a number of work order Types, Status, Technicians or Advanced Filter options. When you tap on a filter, place a star next to the options you want to display.
The list of work orders displayed show:
- Work Order number
- Technician Name
- Customer Number
- Job Name
- The arrow on the right side of the work order line indicates that more information is available. Tapping on an individual work order will open the Work Order Details screen.
- If your company is utilizing Customer Work Order notifications, you may see a series of colored dots:
- Yellow = the work order is missing information, like a description or technician, so the notification won’t be sent.
- Blue = the work order has all the details needed to send a notification to the customer.
- Green = a customer notification has previously been sent to the customer.