The Sales Order Profitability report gives you a quick summary of the profitability of sales orders in iPoint. Clicking on any sales order listed will open it in a new window.
Available details include:
- Design Name – the sales order number and name
- Total – the total sale price to the customer
- Parts Price – the total sale price of all parts (customer-facing)
- Parts Cost – the total purchase cost of all parts (vendor-facing)
- Parts Profit – the profit, in dollars, of all parts on the sales order
- Parts Margin – the parts profit divided by the parts price
- Labor Price – the sales price of all labor
- Labor Cost – the cost of labor, calculated by using the labor phase cost for each phase multiplied by the number of hours sold for each phase
- Labor Profit – calculated by subtracting the labor cost from the labor price
- Labor Margin – calculated by dividing the labor profit by the labor price
Note: A question mark (?) usually indicates a problem with a math calculation. For example, since you can’t divide a number by zero, if there are no labor hours sold, the labor margin math calculation will result in an error.
Clicking the Options button allows you to customize the report using a series of filters. Note: Some of these options are also available before you run the report when you select it in the reports module.
- Sales Order From Date – display sales orders created on or after this date
- Sales Order To Date – show sales orders created on or before this date
- Site – when using Multi-Site Inventory you can show sales orders attributed to a specific Site.
- Sales Order Status – filter the report for sales orders matching a specific Sales Order Status
- Sales Order Filter – filter the report for SOs matching a specific class
- Sales Order Type – use the Type field on the SO to find specific Sales Orders
- Sales Order Sales Person – show sales orders where a specific user is listed as the Sales Person
- Sales Order Technical Designer – display sales orders assigned to a particular Technical Designer
- Sales Order Project Manager – show only SOs that match a particular Project Manager
- Sales Order PM Status – this dropbox will filter the list of sales orders based on the Product Manager status of the sales order. The available options are the Product Manager statuses. – New in 9.1113
- Include Archived Sales Orders
- Show Only – show only sales orders that are marked as archived
- Don’t Show – show only sales orders that are NOT marked archived
- Show All – display all sales orders regardless of their archived status
- Next Install Date After – show sales orders after the date entered on the Next Install Date field
- Next Install Date Before – show sales orders before the date entered on the Next Install Date field
These options will sort the sales orders and summarize them by a particular filter. You can use multiple summary options to sort the list even further.
Customer groups sales orders for the same customer/job together as well as providing a total for the customer
Sales Rep shows all sales orders attributed to a specific salesperson together. Totals for the salesperson are also displayed.
Next Install Date groups the list by next install date
- Print – will print the found set of sales orders to your printer
- Save – will save a PDF of the report to the location you choose on your computer or network
- Email – attaches the report as a PDF to an email using your default email program
- View PDF – opens the PDF of the report so you can view it
- Update Report – refreshes the report using the options and summary settings described above
- Close – closes the Options pop-over window.