In the Notes section, you can view a list of any notes added to this customer, as well as any notes added to the customer’s work orders or projects.
For each note in the list, you can see:
Click the Edit Note icon to open the Note details popover.
- INTERNAL – notes that have been marked as internal, meaning they will not be printed on customer-facing documents, will be flagged as such. – New in 10.0430
- Note – this is the note itself.
- Job – the name of the job or contact that applies to the note
- WO – the work order name and number (as defined in Settings > Module Settings > Work Orders > WO Naming)
- By – the user name of the person who created the note as well as the date and time stamp that the note was entered.
The buttons across the top of the Note List provide added functionality.
Wildcard Search – use the search field to narrow down the list of notes helping you find the specific note you are looking for.
- Input a particular word or name in the search bar
- Hit the enter key or click the Filter button to search
- Click the red “X” to clear the search
The Note Report button opens the Customer Notes report found in Reports > Customer Reports > Customer Notes Report. The report will automatically be filtered based on the customer name.
The Show Details button changes the layout of the Notes List. This button is a toggle between the Show List button. Use the button to see the list of notes the way you prefer.
Click the New Note button to open the note popover where you can (ahem) create a new note! This is the same pop-over you will see when clicking on an individual note in the list.
Clicking on any note in the Note List is going to open the popover so you can see more details.
- Job – the name of the customer or job for whom the note was created
- WO – if the note was added to a work order, the work order reference is listed here
- Subject – just like the subject on an email, this field lets you add a title to the note. Using the Subject is useful when sorting through a large list of notes.
- Note – this is the meat of the note… it is the note itself!
- Internal – by default, customer notes can be included on the Customer Notes Report. However, placing a check in this box causes the note to be internal and is not available for printing on customer-facing reports.
- By – is the user name and date/time stamp when the note was created.
The gear icon at the top right corner of the Note is where you’ll find the option to delete the note.