The Sales Order Labor Time report provides a quick snapshot of the time sold versus the time used on sales orders. This report is a helpful tool for forecasting the technicians’ time needed to complete the sold work. Note: Click on a sales order to open it in a new window.
Available information includes:
- Ref # – the sales order name and number. If you summarize the report by Customer, you’ll see the total time needed to complete open sales orders for a particular customer.
- Hours – this is the total number of hours sold on sales orders
- Hrs Used – the total of all time already completed on each sales order
- Used Pct – this percentage quickly indicates how much work is left to do. If the number is larger than 100%, you’ll know your team has worked more hours on the job than has been sold to the customer.
- Hrs Rem. – how many unused hours are left on the job?
Clicking the Options button allows you to customize the report using a series of filters. Note: Some of these options are also available before you run the report when you select it in the reports module.
- Sales Order From Date – display sales orders created on or after this date
- Sales Order To Date – show sales orders created on or before this date
- Site – when using Multi-Site Inventory you can show sales orders attributed to a specific Site.
- Sales Order Status – filter the report for sales orders matching a specific Sales Order Status [ Read More ]
- Sales Order Filter – filter the report for SOs matching a specific class [ Read More ]
- Sales Order Type – use the Type field on the SO to find specific Sales Orders
- Sales Order Sales Person – show sales orders where a specific user is listed as the Sales Person
- Sales Order Technical Designer – display sales orders assigned to a particular Technical Designer
- Sales Order Project Manager – show only SOs that match a particular Project Manager
- Include Archived Sales Orders
- Show Only – show only sales orders that are marked as archived
- Don’t Show – show only sales orders that are NOT marked archived
- Show All – display all sales orders regardless of their archived status
- Next Install Date After – show sales orders after the date entered on the Next Install Date field
- Next Install Date Before – show sales orders before the date entered on the Next Install Date field
- Labor Phase – display the amount of time used in a particular labor phase for each sales order. If the sales order has PreWire, Trim, and Finish labor phases, choosing Finish will only display the hours associated with that labor phase. Note: Keep in mind that labor phases are customized by your system administrator in Settings > Labor Phases.
These options will sort the sales orders and summarize them by a particular filter. You can use multiple summary options to sort the list even further.
Customer groups sales orders for the same customer/job together as well as providing a total for the customer
Sales Rep shows all sales orders attributed to a specific salesperson together. Totals for the salesperson are also displayed.
Next Install Date groups the list by the next install date
- Print – will print the found set of sales orders to your printer
- Save – will save a PDF of the report to the location you choose on your computer or network
- Email – attaches the report as a PDF to an email using your default email program
- View PDF – opens the PDF of the report so you can view it
- Update Report – refreshes the report using the options and summary settings described above
- Close – closes the Options pop-over window.
Exporting the production report into a spreadsheet program is simple, using the instructions available here: Dashboard > Exporting.
Here is a list of export field names along with their tab location and field name on the Sales Order (e.g., field_Name – Sales Order Tab > Field Name)
- c_percent_labor_used__client_name – the percentage of hours utilized of the total hours sold to a particular customer (visible on the report when you summarize by Customer)
- c_percent_labor_used__fs – this field does not contain useful information when exporting to Excel.
- c_percent_labor_used__id_unique – this field does not contain useful information when exporting to Excel.
- client_Name – the Customer Name ( Bill To ) from the Sales Order info tab
- Design Name – the Sales Order Name
- id_Serial – the Ref Number or Sales Order number
- nextInstallDate – the Next Install Date from the Sales Order Info tab
- Globals::SD_Filter_Labor_Phase – this field does not contain useful information when exporting to Excel.
Note: any field that starts with an s_ is a summary field and is not helpful when exporting to Excel.