Item Frequently Asked Questions
- How can you change an item’s inventory type?
- How does iPoint detail with Special Order items (like Lutron Shades)?
- Can an Item have multiple labor phases?
- What do I do when I change vendors for buying items?
- How do I send items back to a vendor in iPoint?
How can you change an item’s inventory type?
While it is simple in iPoint to change an inventory type (you simply change the dropdown item) it is not so easy when it comes to QuickBooks. QuickBooks will not let you change the inventory type of an item after it has been used. But have no fear, you still have options.
- In QuickBooks, find the item to be changed.
- Make adjustments so there is zero inventory for the item.
- Mark the item as inactive.
- Rename the QuickBooks item. We recommend adding “.old” to the end of the name.
- Now, go to iPoint and open the item you want to modify.
- Change the Inventory Type to the correct type.
- Clear the QuickBooks Item Name field under the Product Image
- Click the Push as New button.
There you have it. Your inventory type has now been changed in iPoint AND QuickBooks.
Update: We now have buttons to do this work for you.
- To adjust a single item, go to Items module > Item Details > Compare button. On the popover window, there is a new button: Convert QB Item to non-inventory. Clicking this button takes care of all the steps above.
- To adjust your entire item list from inventory to non-inventory, go to Items > Options > Views > QB Sync List > Options > Advanced (tab). Click the red Convert All Item to Non-Inventory in QuickBooks. This will do the above-listed steps for every item in your database.
How do I send items back to a vendor in iPoint?
- Create an RMA to record all the information about the return
- Go to Items > Stock (tab) and create a manual stock adjustment [ Read How ]
- Set the adjustment Type to Return to MFG.
- In QuickBooks, go to the Vendor menu and select Enter Bills
- When the bill opens, there is a Credit option at the top. make sure you select Credit (rather than the default Invoice)
- Enter the item you have returned along with the price you will be refunded
- QB will adjust inventory to reflect the return of the item. It will also leave the credit on the vendor account to use to apply to another bill later on.