The American Institute of Architects has defined methods and processes used to bill for projects progressively. In short, the (sub)contractor identifies all charges in a project that are to be billed for the current period. Next, the (sub)contractor submits these charges to a contractor for approval, and upon approval, is allowed to bill the client for the charges. There are two basic documents used in this workflow…the “Application” and the “Schedule.”
To use AIA in iPoint requires some system configuration. Here are the steps.
Go to Settings > Module Settings > Proposals > Accounting and activate the following settings:
- Place a check in the AIA Billing checkbox
- Define company AIA Defaults options
- Option: Use AIA on new Sales Orders
- AIA Lines By – define how iPoint will present the AIA Lines based on the lines in your proposals
- Location then Group
- Group then Location
- Location only
- Group only
- Define the retainage percentages for
- Completed Work
- Store Materials
Now that things are set up, you need to activate AIA billing on specific Sales Orders. A system administrator must do this before creating your first invoice.
- Enable AIA Billing on a sales order by clicking the Sales Order > Options > Advanced
- Process AIA billing on the Sales Order > Billing.