Importing Vendors from QuickBooks
- Make sure that your vendor list in QuickBooks is accurate. Old vendors you do not want to import should be marked as inactive in QB.
- With QB still open, open iPoint and click the blue Get Vendors from QuickBooks button.
- If you have previously imported vendors from QB, you will get a pop-up window asking if you want to update your Vendor list. You can choose Yes, to reimport your vendors, or No, to review the previous import from QB.
- If you have not yet imported your vendor list, you’ll be prompted to continue the sync (by pressing OK) or abort the sync (by pressing Cancel).
- The Vendor sync process might take awhile, depending on how many vendors you are importing.
Once the import sync has completed, you will be taken to a QuickBooks Vendor Sync page. This is a temporary holding area where you will select vendors you want to pull into your permanent iPoint database.
Go through the list of vendors and choose those you want to import by placing a checkmark in the Select for import column. If a vendor is already imported into iPoint, you will see the corresponding iPoint vendor along with a green checkmark indicating that the synchronization between QB and iPoint is complete.
Should the vendor on your list already exist in iPoint, you can manually link the two by choosing the appropriate iPoint vendor in the corresponding Vendor drop-down list.
You can search for a specific vendor using the search box at the top right corner of the screen.