The Item Details options button provides three tabs:
- New Item – press this button to create a new blank item that you can fill out details to make a new item. It’s like magic!
- Clone Item – this button makes a copy of the current item. The new clone will have the word (Copy) after the item name.
- Export ## Items to Excel – use this button to export the current found-set of items into an Excel spreadsheet. The found-set is defined on the list view by using search and filter options along with the Wild Card Search field. This button requires permissions set up by your system administrator.
- Delete Item – deletes the displayed item. This button may not be available if you do not have the appropriate permissions.
options button provides three tabs of
- Archive – placing a check this box causes the item to be hidden from the list view so that it cannot be found for use in future proposals, work orders, or invoices. Keep in mind that archived items will still be visible on existing documents where they are used.
- Discontinued – a check in this box informs users that the part added is discontinued. Use this box if an item is no longer available from a vendor but you have existing inventory that you want to sell through.
- Enter Find Mode – this button opens a blank Item Details screen.
- Click the Enter Find Mode button and you’ll see a blank Item Details screen.
- Any field with a magnifying glass is searchable. Either type text in a field or use the drop-down list to select a value.
- Continue entering data until you have all the search criteria you wish to enter.
- Click the Options button > Search tab > Perform Find button
- You will be taken to the first item that matches your search criteria.
- Use the << or >> arrows to scroll through the list of matching items, displayed as ## of ## items.
- Alternately, to exit the find functionality, click Options button > Search tab > Cancel Find button.
- Search with Barcode – click this button to perform a search using your optional barcode scanner
- Show Omitted – press this button to show all of the items that are not in the found set using the Enter Find Mode button.
Bulk Edit Options
Use the Bulk Edit tab to change the details on multiple items simultaneously.
Showing ## Items – this shows the number of items that will be edited.
- Go to the Items list and find a particular list of products using the Options and Wild Card Search. Note the number of items in the top left corner of the item list
- Open the Options > Bulk Edit and confirm that the number of items matches the Showing ## Items
- Step 1 Select Field – use the dropdown to choose which item detail field you want to edit in the found set.
- Step 2 Select New Value – enter the value desired for the field selected in step 1
- This will either be a dropdown of available options for the field
- Or, a text field so you can manually enter a value
- Step 3 Execute the Change – press the Perform Bulk Edit button to perform the bulk edit.
Last modified: 14 Oct 2020
Thanks for your feedback.