In the Estimates section, you can see a list of estimates created for this customer.
An estimate is an invoice without any payment details. In other words, this is a simple way to quote a price to a customer without building a proposal and converting it to a sales order.
Enter text in the Filter field at the top of the estimate list to search for a specific estimate. The display will change to show only the estimates that match your search string.
Click the red X to clear the search string.
For each estimate in the list, you can see:
- Estimate reference number
- Date: Date someone created the estimate
- Total: The total quoted amount
You will see Archived along the left edge of an estimate if it has been archived.
View/Edit Estimate Details
To view or edit estimate details:
- Click on an estimate in the list
- The estimate will open in the Accounting module
Create a New Estimate
- Click the New Estimate button
- A new estimate will open in the Accounting module