If you create a purchase order on Sept 23 and sync it to QuickBooks, the QB PO is also dated Sept 23. But if you receive items on the purchase order on Sept 28, the synced item receipts still show up in QuickBooks as being received on Sept 23, the date of the Purchase Order.
Changing the PO date in iPoint does not affect QuickBooks, and future item receipts will still be dated Sept 23.
For completely accurate financial reporting, you want the item receipts in QuickBooks to be dated the day the items are actually received. Generally, the date difference is not a big deal if you receive items in the same month you created the Purchase Order. But what happens if the item receipt occurs in a later month, or even worse, next year?
Here are the steps you need to take.
- iPoint PO is dated 9/23/2021 —-> sync to QB – QB PO is dated 9/23/2021
- Receive one line in iPoint on 9/24/2021 —-> sync receipt to QB – QB Item receipt is 9/23/2021
- Receive the second item in iPoint on 10/8/2021 —-> sync item receipt to QB – the 2nd Item receipt stays 9/23/2021
- Open QuickBooks Item Receipts (Vendors > Inventory Activities > Inventory Center)
- Find an item on the Item Receipt you pushed
- In the Transactions at the bottom of the window, open the item receipt you pushed on 10/8/2021 (it will be dated 9/23/2021)
- Change the date to 10/8/2021
- Click Save & Close
This manual adjustment moves the inventory adjustment to the correct period (in this case, October).