The Invoice module is where iPoint will track all customer-facing invoices created in iPoint.
Across the top of the window are your standard sort options:
The Invoices button indicates that invoices are being displayed. Clicking on the button allows the user to navigate between sections in the accounting module.
The Sort button reorganizes the payments displayed by specific criteria.
- Aging – groups invoices in Current, 30+ Days, 60+ Days, or 90+ days past due
- Created By – sorts invoices based on the individual who created the invoice (this information is displayed in the footer of the invoice next to the References button) – New in 10.0208
- Creation Date – sorts the invoices based on the date they were created
- Customer Name – groups all invoices together by customer name, sorted alphabetically
- Due Date – displays the invoices grouped in days past due or paid status
- Ref Number – sorts the list by invoice number
- Sales Staff – sorts the list based on the primary salesperson recorded on each invoice
- Status – sorts the invoices based on the invoice status, as defined in Settings > Pop Up Lists > Invoice Status
The Options button has different ways of filtering the list of invoices. Click here to see a detailed list of each filter option.
The New Invoice button opens a new Invoice window.
The Wild Card Search is used to search the entire list of invoices for transactions that match the wildcard details entered.
- Type “Jim Carrey” to find all invoices for Jim Carrey, for example.
- Type “123 Main St” to find any invoice with an address containing 123 Main St.
- Type “181.50” to find the invoice with a balance of $181.50.
The main body of the Payments window details each of the payments. Clicking on any invoice in the list will open the invoice’s details for you to view.
Icons shows the status of the payment being synced to QB.
- The green dot signifies that the payment has been synchronized to QuickBooks
- The yellow dot signifies that a change has been made to the payment since it was last synced. Typically this means that the payment has been applied to an invoice since it was last synced.
- The no sign indicates that this payment has been marked Do Not Sync and won’t be pushed to QuickBooks.
- The thought bubble lets you know that an internal memo has been added to the invoice.
Ref# is the invoice number
Customer is the name of the customer on the invoice
Date is the date on the invoice
Status lets you know if the invoice has been Submitted to your customer or if it is Paid. Invoice statuses are completely customizable in Settings > Pop Up Lists > Invoice Status.
Total is the total amount of the invoices, including sales tax.
Balance is the amount remaining to be paid.
Terms shows how old the invoice is past the due date.
- Paid in Full – means, uh, well, the invoice has a zero balance.
- Blue Text indicates the invoice is 1 – 30 days past due.
- Orange Text indicates the invoice is 31 – 60 days past due.
- Red Text indicates the invoice is older than 61 days past due.
Archive means the invoice will not be displayed unless the Show Archived options are selected.
The bottom of the Invoice List shows the total of all invoices in the list. If filters have been applied, the totals will change to reflect only the invoices that match the options chosen.
Total is the original amount of all displayed invoices.
Balance is the unpaid amount of all the displayed invoices.