The Invoices Payments Applied report is your view of payments received and the invoices to which those payments are applied.
Once the report is opened, you can click on any Invoice to open it for more detailed viewing.
Opening the report for the first time each day will automatically display payments and the associated invoices from the last 30 days.
- Invoice Number – the unique serial number of the invoice
- Date – the date printed on the invoice
- Status – what is the status of the invoice?
- Not Submitted – means the invoice has not been sent to the customer yet
- Submitted – the invoice has been sent to the customer by some method
- Paid in Full – the invoice balance is $0
- Due Date – the date the invoice was due. The date will be colored depending on the payment status:
- Blue – the invoice is less than 30 days past due
- Orange – the invoice is 31-60 days past due
- Red – the invoice is 61+ days past due
- Total – the original charges on the invoice, including sales tax
- Due – the current balance of the invoice
Under each invoice, you will see the payments that have been applied
- Ref – is the serial number of the payment in iPoint
- Date – the date the payment was received
- Type – what payment method was used? Cash, Credit Card, e-Check, etc.
- Amount – the amount of the payment.
Note: If more than one payment per invoice, you’ll see multiple payment references.
Footer – at the bottom of the report is a summary of all the payments included in the report
- Date – the date you ran the report
- Total Applied – how much money has been applied to open invoices
- Pre Tax Amount – the total of all transactions excluding sales tax
- Total Tax – the total taxes paid
- Total of Payments – the total (Pre Tax plus Total Tax amounts)
The Options button provides several summary and filter options to help get the specific payment details you want to see.
Aging – this will group all invoices based on their due dates
Customer – provides a list of payments made divided by customer
Sales Order – shows payments made against individual sales orders
Invoice – displays payments applied against specific invoices
Note: Try combining summary options by checking multiple boxes to refine the display of payments further
Use the following options to filter the report. Combine multiple filters and summary options to create the exact report you want.
- Payment From Date – only payments on or after this date will be displayed. By default, when the report is first generated, this field is populated by the date 30 days before today.
- Payment To Date – show payments on or before this date. Combined with the Payment From Date, you can view payments made in a particular date range.
- Filter Status – show only payments based on a particular invoice or credit memo status
- Only Balance Due – decide if you want to see invoices with a balance
- False – shows only paid in full invoices
- True – shows only invoices with a balance due
- Only Past Due – find invoices where the customer is late in paying
- False – displays current invoices only
- True – shows any invoice where the due date has passed
- Invoice Filter Sales Person – find payments that have been applied to invoices attributed to a particular salesperson
- Sales Order Technical Designer – display payments that were made where a specific user is listed as the Technical Design on the sales order
- Sales Order Supervisor – shows payments made against sales orders where a particular user is listed as the Project Manager
- Class – display payments that were attributed to a particular class
- Wildcard Search – use this free-form typing field to enter a search string. We’ll explore customer name, balance, and payment type
The standard report buttons are available:
- Print – prints the report using the print dialogue on your computer
- Save – saves a PDF of the report to the computer directory of your choice
- View PDF – opens the PDF for viewing
- Email – attaches a PDF of the report to an email using your default email program
- Close and Update – close the Options window and refreshes the report based on the filter and summary settings entered above.
Exporting the Invoice Item Summary into a spreadsheet program is simple, using the instructions available here: Dashboard > Exporting.
Here is a list of the useable export field names and a description of where the information comes from.
- Amount_Applied – how much money has been applied to the invoice
- Globals::Invoice_Report_End Date – the end date you defined in options
- Globals::Invoice_Report_Start Date – the beginning date defined in options
- Globals::Invoice_Sales Person – this is a field utilized by iPoint and is not useful on an export
- Globals::Invoice_Supervisor – this is a field utilized by iPoint and is not useful on an export
- Globals::Invoice_Technical Designer – this is a field utilized by iPoint and is not useful on an export
- Globals::URL – this is a field utilized by iPoint and is not useful on an export
- Invoice_Applied_Payment_Receive::Name_Payment_Method – the form of payment used (i.e., Cash, MasterCard, AmEx)
- Invoice_Applied_Payment_Receive::RefNumber – the payment reference number (e.g., check number)
- Invoice_Applied_Payment_Receive::TxnDate – the date the payment was entered
- Invoice_SD-Details::Design Name – the name of the sales order where the invoice originated
- Invoice_SD-Details::Designer Name – the name of the sales rep on the associated sales order
- Invoice_SD-Details::total_Balance Due – the unpaid balance on the related sales order
- Invoice_SD_Details::total_Grand – the total sales price of the sales order, including change orders
- Invoice_SD_Details::total_Invoiced – the total of all delivery invoices created for the sales order
- Invoice::c_Aging – the past due category of the invoice (the invoice is past due: 30+ Days, 60+ Days, 90+ Days)
- Invoice::Contact_Name_Full – the customer’s name as stated on the invoice
- Invoice::Creation Date – the date when the system generated the invoice
- Invoice::date_Due – the invoice due date
- Invoice::id_Serial – the invoice reference number
- Invoice::status – the invoice status
- Invoice:total_Due_Stored – the current open balance due on the invoice
- Invoice::total_Grand_Stored – the invoice total, including sales tax
Note: any field that starts with an s_ or sum_ is a summary field and is not useful when exporting to Excel. The Globals:: fields reference iPoint system search parameters and may not be helpful.