Did you know you can choose an Alternate Vendor for your product? It’s all about where you create the PO. Once you have followed the steps below – iPoint will do the heavy lifting and change the part number for you.
Choose Default Vendor
- Choose Default Vendor – assign a vendor from the dropdown list (taken from the Vendors module) to speed up the creation of purchase orders in the Product Request Manager. Products are grouped by vendor name on the PRM so that the purchasing agent can order all required items from a single vendor with a couple of mouse clicks.
- If you also buy this product from Alternate Vendors, you can prepopulate alternate part numbers and costs by clicking the Alternate Vendor button. Here you can enter the information for other vendors where you purchase this product. Then, when adding the item to a PO for a different vendor, iPoint will use the alternate cost and part number.
Let us assume you have a part called Apple TV that you buy from Apple. Your primary Item Name is: A2169 and your Vendor is Apple, Inc. But you also buy from distribution. So you add an Alternate Vendor: Johnny Appleseed Distributing and their part JAD-AppleTV and Cost.
- When you create a purchase order to Apple, Inc., add the A2169 on the PO. iPoint will put the Apple TV on a purchase order.
- But if you create a PO to Johnny Appleseed Distributing by adding part A2169, iPoint will automatically adjust the part number to JAD-AppleTV because the PO is addressed to the alternate vendor. The cost will also be automatically updated to match the alternate vendor’s price.
This feature is also synced within the iPoint library to help assist your accounting or sales personnel to select from whom they would like to purchase the product.
- Follow the link – If you would like to know more about this feature within the iPoint Library What Data Do We Sync