Tasks are the things that need to be accomplished on work orders. The Project Task Report lists those tasks and provides the following details:
- – indicates that the task was added directly onto a project or work order and did not come from a sales order
- Task – the thing that needs to be completed. Sales Order tasks are usually the name of the item being installed. Service tasks are generally a description of the work to be completed.
- ETC – Estimated Time to Complete as defined on each item. These times can be modified by a project manager as well.
- ATC – Actual Time to Complete is a manually entered value on the task itself, usually by a technician
- If the ETC or ATC is printed in red, that means that it took more time to complete the task than was estimated.
- Priority – tasks can be prioritized using the list created at Settings > Pop Up Lists > Task Status
- Assignee – individual tasks can be assigned to specific technicians. If no tech has been assigned to a task, it will display Anyone.
- Status – the status of the tasks as set by the technician. Statuses are customizable by a system administrator in Settings > Pop Up Lists > Task Status.
- Desc – this is where notes to the technicians will be displayed. Notes can be entered by sales staff on proposals and sales orders or project managers on projects.
- Pictures – if a technician captures a picture for the task, it can be displayed here
- Notes – any task notes will be shown here, including the name of the user who added the note as well as a date and time stamp
There are a number of options to customize the Task Report available by clicking the Options button.
- Status – use the dropdown list to show only tasks with a specific status
- Task Complete – is the task done?
- Yes – shows tasks that have been marked completed. Completed tasks are designated by a specific status in Settings > Pop Up Lists > Task Status
- No – shows tasks that are not done
- Task Assignee – use the dropdown to show tasks assigned to a specific technician
- Task Priority – the dropdown is used to select a task priority to be displayed
- Work Order – pick a particular work order to show only tasks from that WO
- Project – show tasks for a specific project by choosing it from the dropdown
- Customer – see a list of tasks for a particular customer
- Phase – see any task that is associated with a specific Labor Phase
- Needs Attention – is there something outstanding on the task?
- True – shows tasks that need to be completed
- False – shows tasks that are done
- Wildcard Search – enter a text string to search tasks in task Description or Assignee
- Completion Date From – show tasks that were completed on or after the entered date
- Completion Date To – display tasks that were completed on or before the date
Pictures – if pictures have been added to a task, this checkbox will keep them from printing on the report.
Notes – hide task notes on the report
Task Description – exclude the task description from being displayed on the report
Task Status – remove the task status from the report
Time to – eliminate the ETC and ATC fields from the report
Project – check this box to group all tasks together by the project name
Work Order – this box causes tasks to be grouped together by work order
Phase – shows all tasks for a particular phase
Task Status – puts all tasks with the same status together on the report
Note: You can use multiple filters and checkboxes simultaneously to create the report of your dreams!