The standard screen layout is great on a computer. But some people find the icon dashboard and modules challenging to use on a smaller iPhone or iPad screen.
Choose a list
When you choose the CRM view from an iOS device, you will be prompted with six options.
- Customers – this takes you to a list of people and companies in the iPoint database marked as customers.
- Leads – this takes you to a list of current opportunities. Our example is called Deal List, but this is a customizable name, and yours will likely be called something different.
- Contacts – this takes you to a list of people/companies in the database that are not customers.
- All – this option shows customers, leads, and contacts on one list.
- Leads Dashboard – this enables you to configure what leads and opportunities are displayed.
- Close – this button closes the CRM pop-over and leaves you on the iPoint dashboard
Finding Customers and Contacts
Tapping either the Customer or Contacts option will take you to a list of the people and companies that match the contact type.
The menu bar at the top of the screen provides the following options:
- Home icon – Tapping the house will take you back to the iPoint home screen
- List Options – The type of list you are viewing is displayed at the top of the screen. Tapping Customers will open a pop-over window where you can navigate to Customers, Contacts, Leads, or the Lead Dashboard. The name at the top of the screen will adjust depending on your selected view.
- Magnifying Glass – This icon opens the Wild Card Search field where you can type a text string to have iPoint search through customers, addresses, and job names.
- Sort Icon – Tap on the five lines allows you to sort the contact list by several criteria. You can sort by up to three options at a time, and iPoint will sort the displayed list in the order you select the options in this pop-over window. Finally, tap Close and Sort to apply your selections to the displayed list.
- Filter Gears – Tapping the gears icon gives you the ability to filter your list by several criteria. Setting options here will change the list view to only those contacts/customers/leads matching the filter criteria entered.
Once the filters have been chosen, Tap the Close and Filter button at the bottom of the screen to apply your filter to the contacts in your database.
Note: You can simultaneously utilize all of these options to narrow down your search results.
Tapping on a name in the contact/customer list opens a new screen with several options. These are the same options available in the computer view detailed in the main CRM section of this manual. Again, the functionality is the same as the desktop version, just laid out to better fit the smaller iOS device screen.
Tapping on the Address field, for example, opens up the address details, including various contact methods, billing and job site addresses, and sales information.
More information about each menu option is available by Taping the link in the Table of Contents to the left.
The number to the right of each menu item indicates how many of that specific item there are. For example, in the image to the right, note that there is one Proposal and 12 Sales Orders for this particular customer.
The + icon at the front of several options is a quick add link. Tapping the plus in front of Notes, for example, will open the new note screen. Likewise, the plus in front of the Media menu item opens the add media window.
At the top right of the Contact Details screen is an Options link. Tapping this link will allow users to:
- Add a custom image or icon for the customer
- Move this job/customer to a new parent. Choose the new parent from the drop-down menu and then Tap Move To This Parent button.
- Create a New Customer
- Add a new Job for this current customer
- Create a new Contact
- Delete this customer (with appropriate permissions).
There are also checkboxes to:
- Take a Contact and make them a Customer – place a check in the Customer checkbox.
- Archive the Customer/Contact