Say you have a Purchase Order (PO) with some stock items on it that have not yet been received. But then you realize that you actually want to use those items for a job. You don’t have to wait until the item is received or remake the PO. You can allocate those stock items on order in two ways: from the Product Manager in a Sales Order or the Product Request Manager in Inventory.
From the Product Manager
View the Product Manager by first going to Sales Orders > open the sales order details > click the Product tab > Product Manager > find the item on the product list that needs to be allocated from the stock order and click Details > in the pop-up menu, go to the Stock on Order (tab) > find the Purchase Order (PO) listed and click Use this Ordered Stock
You can then view the PO and see the item now allocated in the PO.
From the Product Request Manager
- View the Product Request Manager by first going to Inventory > Go to Purchasing Manager > inside the Product Request Manager (PRM)
- Select the requested item line on the left-hand side that you know you already have on order for stock, but want it allocated to a job
- Click the number in the ordered column on the same line as the item (this will show you all the POs which that item is currently on)
- Find the PO that has the item allocated to stock and click Use for Stock.
- iPoint will then take you to the PO to view that item and its’ allocation there.