The Asset Tracking report is where you can track company tools, resources, and other high-value assets.
For example, maybe you have a wire toner that is shared among all the technicians. Who has it today? Who was the last person to use it? Or when did you buy that 800’ fiberglass extension ladder, and what is it worth today? This report can help track those details.
Each line of the report provides the following details:
- ID – what is the identification number of the asset
- Picture – store a thumbnail image of your asset
- Item – a description of the item
- Assigned To – who currently has this asset? This is a dropdown list of the users in iPoint so you can change it as the asset moves from person to person.
- Location – companies with multiple sites can choose the site where the asset is stored. This includes company vans, stores, warehouses, or any other place your company lists as an inventory site.
- Date Assigned – enter the date the asset was assigned to the user.
- Value – what is the dollar value of the item.
- Date Retired – once the asset is no longer used, enter the date so you know when it exited … stage left!
- Reason Retired – how did we retire the asset?
- Lost – oops, can’t find it anymore
- Sold – somebody else needed it more and paid us crazy amounts of cash for it!
- – click the X to delete the asset.
This is a pretty simple form with only a couple of buttons:
- New Asset – creates a blank line for you to add a new asset
- Wildcard Search – use the dropdown to organize your list of assets by Item, Assigned To, Location, or Value.
- Wildcard Search – enter the text you want to search for