When a new work order is generated, the software creates a default name.
BB-2047-Carlisle, Bob-Project: 2018 Service Work
This is translated as: Technician’s Initials-WO Number-Customer-Project Name.
You can customize the work order naming convention by entering texts and Merge Fields in the Custom Work Order Naming field.
- Type any verbiage you want.
- To use a Merge Field, place your cursor where you want the merge field to appear and then click the appropriate button.
Merge Field Definitions
- Technician Name: the name of the technician assigned to the work order.
- Technician Initials: the initials of the assigned tech.
- Work Order Reference: the system generated serial number of the work order.
- Customer Name: the name of the customer as it appears on the work order.
- Project Name: the name of the project (if any) the work order came from.
- Project Number: the number of the project where the work order was generated.
- WO Type: the Work Order Type field listed
- Address Name: the name of the address (not the actual address). For example, this could be “Primary” or “Job Site.”
- Custom Field 1: the value of the custom field 1
- Custom Field 2: the value of custom field 2
- Rep Name: the name of the sales representative listed on the work order
- PM Name: the name of the listed project manager
iPoint Version: 10.0205
Last modified: 9 Feb 2021
Thanks for your feedback.