The iPointTech App is a lightweight app designed specifically for technicians. The app allows technicians to perform most of their iPoint processes with or without an internet connection. While the technician’s device is connected to the internet, connectivity to the live database happens in real-time. But when there is no internet connection (WiFi or Cellular), changes are stored on the tech’s phone and then uploaded to the live file when an internet connection is restored.
Here is a list of things you can do in iPointTech:
- Work Offline – once set up, you can complete all of the following when you don’t have an internet connection.
- Work Orders
- clock-in and out
- complete tasks
- view, add, and edit Notes, Documents, and Media
- Time Clock
- enter, view, and edit Time Clock entries for payroll (based on user permissions)
- view existing events and work orders
Here is a list of things that are coming soon:
- Work Orders
- add parts
- deliver parts
Install the App
- Confirm Requirements:
- Ensure that you have iPoint credentials issued by your system administrator
- Ensure you are connected to the internet (either via Wi-Fi or cellular data)
- Ensure your Apple iPhone or iPad is running iOS 13 or later
- Open the App store on your iOS device
- Search for ipointtech – all one word, no spaces
- You should see the iPoint logo
- Tap Get to download to your device
- Once downloaded, tap Open
- Read the information and respond appropriately
- On the iPoint Credentials screen, enter the email address associated with the user’s iPoint account. Then tap Next.
- Enter your iPoint User Name and Password. Then tap Next.
- iPointTech will sync your data from the iPoint server
- The app will take you to the iPointTech dashboard.
Using the App
Each screen of the app has its own page here in the manual. Click on the module name to learn all there is to know about it!