Wondering if you should update your FileMaker? Always check back here for all the latest and greatest information and links!
When it comes to updates, we’ve noticed a few different… let’s say “personality types”.
1. Has the need to update everything as soon as possible – Newer is obviously better!
2. Never thinks they should update – always skeptical it’s going to “break” something or “change everything”.
3. “Wait…. I have to update something?”
No matter what kind of person you are, we will guide you so you can stay, well, updated.
Should I update?
Filemaker version 17 is no longer supported: If you are still running Filemaker 17 on your computer or iOS device, you should be updated to Filemaker 18 immediately.
Current Version of FileMaker recommended: FileMaker 18.0.3 (use links below)
FileMaker Minor: These are in-app updates such as going from FM 18.0.4 to FM 18.0.7, and these are okay to take place anytime.
FileMaker Major: FileMaker 19 has recently been released, however, we ask for all Community Members to please remain on FileMaker18 while we test FM19. We will let you know and post several announcements if a major update is needed. Please follow the below links to get the recommended FileMaker version installed on your device.
Follow these steps in order:
1. Uninstall the current version of Filemaker
- Windows: Control Panel > Uninstall Filemaker Pro
- Mac: Applications folder > Drag Filemaker Folder to trash
2. Download the latest version of Filemaker using the following guides: