Wondering if you should update your FileMaker? Always check back here for all the latest and greatest information and links!
When it comes to updates, we’ve noticed a few different… let’s say “personality types.”
- Has the need to update everything as soon as possible – Newer is obviously better!
- Never thinks they should update – always skeptical it’s going to “break” something or “change everything.”
- “Wait… I have to update something?”
No matter what kind of person you are, we will guide you so you can stay, well, updated.
Should I update?
We will stop support of FileMaker 18 at the end of Summer 2023: If you are still running Filemaker 18 on your computer or iOS device, you should be updated to Filemaker 19 immediately.
Current Version of FileMaker recommended: FileMaker 19.5 for Windows and FileMaker 19.6 for Macs (use links below)
Follow these steps in order:
1. Uninstall the current version of Filemaker
- Windows: Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > Uninstall Filemaker Pro
- Mac: Applications folder > Drag Filemaker Folder to trash > empty trash
2. Download the latest version of Filemaker using the following guides: