The Contact Info tab is where iPoint is configured to send communication to the user. Throughout the software are various triggers that can send information via SMS text, email, or the third party project management tool Slack. Each user’s specific details are set here.
Here you define the mobile phone for the user.
- Mobile Carrier: from the drop-down menu, choose the user’s cell phone carrier. This is necessary so that iPoint knows how to send text information.
- Mobile: enter the user’s cell phone number. (no parenthesis or hyphens are necessary) This is the number iPoint will use to text notifications and reminders and is used in conjunction with the Mobile Carrier above.
- Slack: when using Slack, this is the user’s Slack name. (See Setting Up Slack Integration for details).
Default Notification Method: set which notification methods iPoint should use by default. This can always be changed when setting up specific notifications. But this is the method if no individual setting is made.
- Email – uses the email address as defined on the Login tab of the User Wizard.
- Text – uses the cell information set in the Contact Methods above.
- Slack – uses the Slack details entered in the Contact Methods.
Assignments are an internal communication tool that allows users to create a notification to other iPoint users regarding various modules and documents. (Read more about assignments in the Assignments portion of this manual.)
When a new assignment is created by any user, iPoint will send a notification to the designated user using the Assignments Notify Method. Choosing a method from this drop-down will tell iPoint how to send assignment notifications to the user. Choose, Text, Email, or Slack.
Assignment Default Reminder Settings will send an additional notification to the user based on the due date of the assignment.
- Notification can be sent using any of the methods created above.
- The reminder can be sent a prescribed time ahead of the due date by choosing the Time amount and Min/Hour setting.
For example, Email | 20 | Minutes will send a reminder email 20 minutes prior to the due date on the assignment.
Slack | 24 | hours will send a slack notification to the user 1 day (24 hours) prior to the assignments due date.
Event Default Reminder Settings works just like the Assignment Default Reminder Settings, except this is for events placed on the calendar. An event can be placed on the calendar for store meetings, client appointments, or personal meetings. With these settings in place, iPoint will send a reminder prior to the event start time.