The icons on the dashboard can be displayed in one of three ways.
- First, they are defined by iPoint as described on the Dashboard page.
- Second, the icons can be reorganized by a system administrator to override the iPoint defined order. This is done in Settings > Module Settings > General.
- Finally, individual users can adjust the order the way they want them to appear.
This means that a user’s defined order overrides the system settings. And systems settings override the default order.
Users who want to define their personal module icon order can follow these steps:
- Click the gear icon at the top right corner of the dashboard to reveal the Icon Order popover.
- In the first dropdown, select the module that you want to appear in position one on the first line of icons.
- Use the second dropdown to choose the second module on the first row.
- Repeat this process until all of the modules have been positioned.
- As modules are added to the dashboard order, they will be unavailable for selection again.
- If you make a mistake and want to remove an icon, choose the – Clear – option.
- Each row has the ability to display six module icons. The first six chosen will display on the first row. The next six icons will display on the second row, and so on.
A few things to Note:
- You must place all modules in the order you want them, otherwise, the sort function won’t work as expected.
- There are more slots available than modules to choose from. This is to allow for future enhancements to the software. Just be aware that leaving a blank space will not create an empty position on the dashboard. The icons will be displayed in the order entered, without any spaces.
- Modules that are hidden for a particular permission set will still be hidden, even though they are placed on the icon order selection list.