The Inventory Re-Order dashboard displays any items that have fallen below their inventory minimums.
If an item has been archived, it will not appear on this list, even if the min/max levels have not been removed from the part.
Remember, item minimums are set on the stock tab of the item. Items > Item Details > Stock
Location Filter – when using Multi-Site Inventory, you may have re-order notices from different warehouses. By default, all re-order notices are shown in the list. Choosing a specific location in this dropdown will restrict the list to the selected warehouse.
The information available here includes:
- Location – shows the location where the item has fallen below the minimum quantity
- Item Overall indicates the minimum quantity is item specific rather than for a particular location.
- Item – the name of the item
- Min Qty – the minimum number of the item required for this location
- Max Qty – the maximum quantity of the item for this location
- Needs Ordered – the number of items needed to meet the minimum quantity levels.
- Create Request – place a check in this box to select for inclusion on a product request.
- Select the specific items you want to order by placing a check in the select box.
- Use the Location Filter to narrow down the list of parts.
- If you’ve selected items from multiple locations, click the X to clear the Location Filter.
- Click the Create Product Request button to open the request confirmation window
- Click Cancel to abandon the current request
- Click Review to see the actual Product Request Form before submitting it
- Click Submit to send the product request directly to the PRM
Note: Only visible items on the Inventory Re-Order dashboard will be added to the product request. In other words, if you filter the list by Location A and check two or three boxes, then filter by Locaton B and check additional boxes, only the Location B items will be added to the product request since that is all that is visible. So instead, once you’ve selected products in both locations, to show all locations (both A and B). Now, pressing the Create Product Request button will request the items from both locations because they are simultaneously visible on the screen.
The Toggle Selected button reverses the checkboxes on the displayed list of parts. So, Widget A is checked, and Whatsit B is unchecked; clicking the toggle button will reverse the checkboxes so Widget A is unchecked, and Whatsit B is checked.