The Revisions tab allows you to edit your proposals while keeping older versions intact. Being able to keep the original proposal can help you save time if the client decides they want to go back to the proposal you submitted originally. You can have as many revisions as you want for each proposal.
In the header of the proposal, the active revision number is displayed at the end of the proposal name.
Then, on the Revisions tab, you’ll also see the current revision number and description at the top of the list of revisions.
For each revision in the list you will see:
- The revision number
- A description of the revision
- Who created the revision and when it was created
- The price
- The cost
- The profit
The current revision will be marked with “Current revision” in blue.
Along the right side of each revision that is not the current revision are two buttons:
Pressing this button will activate that revision. The Current revision indicator will move to this revision. And clicking on the Designer button will show the details for the current revision.
The Promote button is only available on revisions that are not the Current revision.
Want to get rid of a revision? We aren’t sure why, because you can keep as many revisions as you want as a history of the sales process. But if you really do want to get rid of one, you can delete any revision that is not the current revision by pushing the big red Delete Revision button.
Create a New Proposal Revision
Click the button at the top of the revision list to make a new revision. Here are the steps.
- Make sure the revision you want to modify is labeled Current revision. If it isn’t, click the Promote button on the revision you want to modify
- Click the New Revision button
- Enter a description for the new revision in the pop-up window
- A new revision will be displayed on the revision list and will automatically be marked as the Current revision
- Click the Designer button to make any changes, adding or deleting parts, just like you would the original proposal