In the Credit Memo section, you can see a list of Credit Memos for this customer. Credit memos, just like in QuickBooks, are a posting transaction which can be applied to a customer’s invoice as a payment or reduction of future bills. You can see the customer’s current Credit Balance at the top of the screen.
Credit Memos List
For each Credit Memo you can see:
- Reference id, type of transaction, and project name at the top
- Date: The date the credit memo was posted
- Total: The total credit memo amount
- Credit remaining: The total credit remaining on the customer’s account
- Status: The status of the credit memo, such as Not Submitted, Used in Full
You will see Archived down the left edge of a credit memo if it has been archived.
View/Edit Credit Memo Details
To view or edit credit memo details:
- Click on a credit memo in the list
- The credit memo will open in the Accounting module
Create a New Credit Memo
- Click the New Credit Memo button
- A new credit memo will open in the Accounting module