The Expense Report is a list of purchases made by technicians and project managers incurred in the course of working on jobs.
Expenses are entered on the Expenses tab of the Project by project managers.
Technicians enter expenses on the Expenses of the Work Order.
The report will show:
- Invoiced – when the expense is included on an invoice or change order to the customer, the line will be labeled as such.
- Project/Work Order – the name of the project or work order where the expense was incurred
- Date – the date of the expense
- Location – where the expense took place
- Employee – the name of the user responsible for the purchase
- Description – what was purchased
- Purpose – the reason the purchase was made.
- Amount – how much was spent
- Reimbursable – if the purchase amount is due back to the employee, it will be flagged as such. This occurs when the Reimbursable checkbox is marked on the expense entry.
- Receipt image – if a receipt image was captured, it will be included under the expense line on the report.
Note: This is one of the iPoint reports that looks WAAAAY different on screen than when printed. There is a lot of extra blank space between lines. But never fear, printing the report, or generating a PDF will eliminate that white space.
The Options button enables you to customize the report
- Expense From Date – shows expenses dated on or after the date entered
- Expense To Date – displays expenses dated on or before the date
- Sales Order – pick a sales order from the dropdown list to find all the expenses for that particular sales order
- Project – use the dropdown to select expenses from a particular project
- User – choose the name of one of your colleagues to see only their expenses
- Reimbursable – displays expenses based on the reimbursable checkbox
- Yes – shows expenses that need to be repaid to a user
- No – displays expenses that are not repayable
- Needs Invoiced – expenses are added to invoices unless they are marked Not Billable on the expense itself
- Yes – shows expenses that have not been invoiced and have not been marked non-billable
- No – shows expenses that have been previously invoiced or are marked as non-billable
Employee – groups all the expenses together based on the user who incurred them
Project – puts all project-related expenses together on the report
Work Order – puts all work order-related expenses together on the report
- Print – will print the displayed report using your computer’s print dialogue
- Save – allows you to save a PDF of the report to the computer or network drive of your choosing
- View PDF – displays the PDF onscreen so you can review it
- Email – attaches the PDF to an email using your default email program
- Hide Receipts – hides the receipt image from the report. Sometimes the image is large and can fill an entire page. Choosing this option will save paper (and maybe make it easier to read a 15-page expense report).
- Update Report – closes the Options window and displays the report with the filter and summary options you chose