The Line Report shows a list of individual line items on purchase orders. The report shows:
- PO Number
- Item ordered
- Where the item request came from (Sales Order, Project, Work Order, Invoice, or Stock)
- The date the PO was created
- The quantity requested
- The quantity received
- The item quantity pending (ordered but not yet received)
- The Unit Cost of the item as ordered on the PO
- The Extended Price of all items for that line item (Qty Ordered X Unit Cost = Extended Price)
- The Expected Receiving date
When you first click on the Line Report you are presented with several Summary and Filter options to fine-tune the report. Make your selections, as described below, and press the green Run Report button to generate the report. The red Cancel button closes the pop-over window and returns you to the Reports list.
Once the report has been generated, you can click the Options button to modify your Summary and Filter settings.
Use the Options button to summarize the PO Line Report using several filters and options.
Customer: check this box to display all parts for each customer.
Sales Order: this filter will summarise the PO lines by the associated sales order.
Vendor: check this box to display the total of all parts ordered from a specific vendor.
Purchase Order: this checkbox will cause the report to display summary totals for each PO.
Item: this filter will cause a summary of all requests for specific parts.
Use Type: check this box to see the total of items ordered from Invoices, Projects, Sales Orders, Work Orders, and Stock requests.
Line: Checking this box will cause a list of all lines from all POs.
Use filters to restrict the Line Report.
- Filter From PO Date: the line report will display purchases created after this date.
- Filter To PO Date: transactions displayed occurred prior to this date.
- Filter Vendor: displays transactions for one particular vendor.
- Filter Customer: only purchases for one specific customer are displayed.
- Filter PO Submitted: only displays POs that have been marked Submitted (sent to a vendor).
- Filter PO Received in Full: only displays line items where the entire PO was fully received.
- Manufacturer: shows line items matching a particular Manufacturer.
- Category: displays line items from a specific Category. When using a Manufacturer, the only categories displayed are those the Manufacturer sells.
- Type: shows a particular Type of product. When using a Manufacturer filter, the only types available match products the Manufacturer sells.
- Filter PO Class – companies using classes can filter by the classes imported from QuickBooks.
- Item: display only a particular item that has been purchased.
- Back Ordered: displays items based on their back-ordered status. !https://manula.r.sizr.io/large/user/12398/img/icon-readmore_v3.jpg!”:https://ipointsolutions.net/manual/1/en/topic/po-details-items-list#pooptions
- Show Only – only items that have been marked Back Ordered will be included on the report
- Don’t Show – items that are not on backorder are displayed
- Show All – shows every item, regardless of back-ordered status. This selection is the same as keeping the Back Ordered field empty.
- Filter PO Line Received: includes line items on the report depending on if they have been received or not
- Show Only – things that have been received will be included in the report
- Don’t Show – this option shows only items that have not been received
- Show All – select this option to include every item, regardless of its receipt status. This option is the same as leaving the *Filter PO Line Received field empty.
- Sales Order – choose a particular sales order to display the status for those items. The sales orders listed are any active (not archived) sales orders.
- SO Sales Rep – choose a specific salesperson to display the status of parts for their job(s).
- SO PM – select the name of a project manager to show the status of parts on the jobs associated with a particular individual.
- Filter PO Site – companies that have activated Multi-Site Inventory can filter the PO list by the specific store sites specified in settings.
- View PDF: the filtered report will be created as a PDF and opened with the default PDF viewing application on the computer.
- Print: the filtered report will be sent to the printer, using the computer’s print dialogue for printer settings.
- Save: the generated PDF will be available to save to your computer, opening the computer’s Save window.
- Email: the PDF is attached to an email in your default email program so you can send it to the recipient of your choice.
- Close and Update: the on-screen report will be updated based on the modified summary and filter settings.
Exporting the production report into a spreadsheet program is simple, using the instructions available here: Dashboard > Exporting.
Here is a list of export field names and a description of their contents:
- c_Expected_Receive – the date ented in the Expected Receive field on the PO
- c_po_line_sort_field_1 – six fields display the PO line details based on the Summarize By fields checked in the Options
- PO::creation_Date – the Created Date on the PO
- PO::received_Expected_Date – the date ented in the Expected Receive field on the PO
- PO::tracking_Number – the Tracking # field from the PO
Note: any field that starts with an s_ is a summary field and is not helpful when exporting to Excel.