Step 1: Integration
The first step is to get iPoint talking to your QuickBooks file. There are two methods, depending on which version of QuickBooks you are using.
- Open iPoint
- Make sure that QuickBooks is open on the same computer iPoint is. You must be logged in as ADMIN.
- Go to Settings > QuickBooks
- Click the Registration tab
- Click the blue Install iPoint QB Connector button. You will see a file displayed in the Plugin Holder box.
- Next click the blue Test Connection button. iPoint will now attempt to communicate with QuickBooks.
- Go to QuickBooks and you should see that an Application Certificate window has popped up.
- At the bottom of the certificate, choose the third option “Yes, whenever this QuickBooks company file is open”
- At the very bottom check the box that says “Allow this application to access personal data…..”
- Press the Continue button
- Go back to iPoint, you should see a pop-up window that confirms iPoint can communicate with iPoint.
- We’ll test the connection further in step 2.
If you are using the online version of QuickBooks, your integration process is a bit different.
- Open iPoint
- Go to the Settings > Integrations > QuickBooks Online (tab)
- At the top of the screen, place a check in the QBO Enabled checkbox.
- Make sure you are on the OAuth 2 tab (OAuth 1.0a is an old tab and will be depreciated as Intuit upgrades legacy customers)
- Click the Authorize QBO button at the top of the screen
- Login to your QuickBooks Online account with your credentials
- Click the Authorized button in QuickBooks Online
- You should now be on a screen in your internet browser that says the authentication was successful.
- Copy the data from the authorization screen in QuickBooks Online into the appropriate fields in iPoint. You need the Realm ID, Token, and Token Secret.
- At this point, you need to log out of and re-login to iPoint.
- Now you are ready to move on to Step 2.