The Transfer Request dashboard shows a list of all the transfer requests that have been made in the system. In the list, you see:
- Created – the date you entered the transfer request
- Created By – the name of the user who created the transfer request
- Ref# – the form number of the transfer request form
- Status – what is the status of the transfer
- Not Submitted – means that the form has been created but not sent
- Submitted – means that the form has been sent to the warehouse team and appears on the PRM
- Fulfilled – indicates that the transfer/request has been processed and the inventory item(s) have been transferred or purchased
The Toggle Fulfilled button hides/shows any form that has been fulfilled. One click hides fulfilled forms. A second click displays fulfilled forms.
The New Transfer/Request Form button opens a blank form so you can request parts. See the description below.
Transfer Request Form
The Transfer Request Form is where you will ask for parts to be transferred from one inventory location to another. Additionally, you can use this form to request parts to replenish your inventory. For example, a technician might use this form to ask for more connectors or wire to replace the stock he used out of his van.
- Requester – this is the name of the user creating the request. By default, the field will be populated by the name of the user who created the request. But you can manually change it by selecting a different user name from the dropdown.
- Date Created – is the date that someone created the form
- Date Needed – use this date to let warehouse and purchasing staff know when you need these parts
- Class – if your company uses classes to report on various segments of business, you can select the class here
- Status – this is a non-adjustable field and will reflect the status of the request
- Default In Location – set this location to have each line item automatically defined, so you don’t have to set each line manually.
- Ref# – is the unique serial number of this transfer/request
Click the New Form button to open an empty form so you can create a new product transfer/request.
The available options on the Form Options button are:
- Submit All – sends all of the transfers and requests to the PRM so that purchasing or the warehouse team can fulfill them. This button also changes the Status of the form to Submitted.
- Un-Submit All – after all items have been submitted, the Submit All button is replaced with an Un-Submit All button. Click this to clear the checkboxes from each line and remove the items from the Product Request Manager.
- Delete Form – if you entered the form by mistake, here is where you can delete it.
Each item requested displays the following details:
- Item – the item being requested. Choose the item name from the dropdown list or begin typing in the field to have the list display items starting with the characters entered. Alternatively, you can use the Search button to find parts as well.
- Manufacturer – this is the manufacturer’s name that is associated with the item entered. This field is not editable. Instead, it is auto-populated based on the item selected.
- Search button – sometimes it is easier to find parts using the standard item search method. First, click the search button to open the list of items in your iPoint database. Then utilize the Manufacturer, Category, Type, or Wildcard fields to narrow down the list of items. Once you’ve found the part, click on the product name, and it will populate the Item field.
- Details button – click this button to open the details of the part. In addition to standard part details like color, cost, price, and description, you’ll also be able to see the available quantities and transaction history for this item. The information in this window is view only.
- The Open Master button opens a new window where you can see all of the item details directly in the Items module.
- Req. Qty – enter the number of items you are requesting.
- Requested Location – from the dropdown list, pick where you request the parts to be delivered. This field can automatically be populated by using the Default In Location in the header.
- Submitted – this checkbox indicates that the part has been requested and is listed in the Purchase Request Manager. The system will check this box automatically when you click the Form Options > Submit All button.
- You can manually check the box to submit the request for a specific line item.
- Similarly, unchecking the box will remove the request from the PRM dashboard.
- the Stock Options button opens the Stock Options Window
- On Order – shows how many items are sitting on a purchase order
- Filled – displays the number of parts that have been fulfilled on the transfer request
- The PO>> button opens the corresponding purchase order
- – use the trashcan icon to delete the line from the transfer request
The footer of the Transfer/Request form shows who created the request and on what date and time.
The Memo field is available on the PRM to pass specific instructions for this request to the warehouse and purchasing team.