The Profit & Loss report is available by clicking the Profit & Loss button in the Proposal Reports section.
Available in three flavors, the default report shows the Cost, Price, and Margin broken down by parts, labor, and then displayed for the entire job.
Use the Options button to sort the report by:
- Phase – this will break the job into phases, as defined on the items, so you can see how profitable different labor phases are
- Group – this summarizes the profit based on the group that the items and labor have been classified under.
- Print Report – this will open the print dialogue on your computer so you can print it to your favorite printer
- Save as PDF – this will open your computer’s save file dialogue and then you can pick a location to save the PDF file
- Email – click this to open your default email application. The PDF will be added as an attachment. Then you can address the email and write a note to whomever you want.
- Save in Docs – this button saves the Labor Hours Report to the Documents / Assignments tab in Proposal Details.
Jump to a number of different reports by clicking the following buttons:
- Client Proposal – opens the screen where you can customize the proposal and then send or print it
- Labor Hours – this report shows how labor is broken out on the job (by phase, group, or location)
- Profit & Loss – shortcut to this report (kinda redundant, huh?!
- Product List – opens a report showing the items sold on this proposal
- Close the Report Options window
- Details – open the details section of the proposal
- Designer – go to the Designer for this proposal