The Used By tab shows you every Item that uses this part as an accessory.
The list on the right side displays:
- Used By = the parent or package that uses this item as an accessory
- Qty Used = the number of these items used on the parent item.
- – the checkbox is used in conjunction with the replacement process detailed below.
- – this button will open a new window showing the parent item on the list.
You may have an item that has been discontinued or replaced with a different part. This could be due to a manufacturer change or a model year-end.
The right side of the Used By window is where you can swap out this accessory for a new or different item.
- Search for Replacement Item* button – click this button to open a search screen where you can use standard Manufacturer, Category, Type, and Wild Card searches to locate the new, replacement part.
- The dropdown list will be filled with the part you chose above. Or, you can manually type a part number in the field.
- Click the Replace All button and iPoint will replace the part with the new part you chose in the dropdown field above.
- Click the Replace Selected button to only swap out parts for the checked items from the list to the left.
- Delete All will remove this item completely from any parent item and it will no longer be an accessory on any item.